Let’s be honest, your new year’s resolution probably involves fewer calories and more time spent in a gym, but have you considered adding time for fishing in your calendar? If not, then it’s time to grab your pole and make your way to Jefferson Parish. Here’s why:
1. Jefferson offers both freshwater and saltwater fishing. You are not limited to what you can catch in Jefferson. You can have it all. Catch Red Drum, Speckled Trout, or Red Snapper in the Gulf and then head to Barataria Bay for some Catfish and Bass.
2. You can be part of a real rodeo. This rodeo involves competitive fishing at its best and a good time to be had. Jefferson hosts most of these in the spring and summer. Ever heard of Tarpon Rodeo? Google it.
3. You don’t need a boat. Of course you can always fish on land or from a pier but have you considered getting a charter? Lafitte, Grand Isle, Barataria, Marrero, and Metairie all offer them. Let an experienced captain take the wheel while you enjoy a scenic and rewarding day!
4. You can bring the wife and kids. Okay so maybe you were hoping to get away but in case you can’t, Jefferson has tons of activities targeted for families. Don’t hesitate to invite them, they are sure to find something fun while you fish.
5. You will get the full Louisiana experience. Where else will you really be able to enjoy swamps, marshes, authentic creole food, canoing, airboating, rodeos, and the beach? Face it, Jefferson has it all.